Clay Aiken and Assorted Hobbies

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Losing my Clay Buddy?

Today is an odd day for me. I have 4 grown children. The youngest one is turning 19 soon & is moving back to Florida tomorrow morning. We moved from FL to PA in 2004. He misses his friends and has decided to try to make a go of it on his own. Well he really won't be on his own, he will be staying with some friends of ours until he can get out on his own. Our 2 oldest kids currently live in FL but they have both decided to move up here with us in the next couple of months. So we left FL with just our youngest and by July we will have the 3 oldest living with us & the youngest on his own. Though he knows the door will always be open for him he just really has to find out for himself if he will be happier in FL.

It's odd for me because I have a different kind of relationship with my youngest son. He has always been interested in my Clay Aiken fandom. He's not a fan himself as he is really into classic rock but he does love Clay's sarcastic side & he likes watching the funny concert videos. It was this son who discovered the Jaded Journalist interviews with me. The more I learned on the computer the more praise I got from this son. In fact, the day I had my vhs to dvd set up (before the instant push button machines you can get now) this son walked in the room, looked at all the equipment, examined what I was doing & pronounced "Mom, you rock!"

We also love watching Gilmore Girls together. The dialog drew us both in.

I suppose it sounds like he is a momma's boy but he is anything but. His favorite activities usually involve knives, guns, explosives & fire. Fortunately he does have a good sense of right from wrong. He is 'all boy' as the saying goes but he is a good friend, too. I know I will miss him alot!

2 Comments:

  • I can't sympathize with having a child move out and away, but hugs anyway. And it's very brave of him to want to make a go of it. Sometimes you just have to do that. At least you don't have to worry about any more hurricanes. ;-)

    By Blogger TechnoGeekGirl, at 8:05 PM  

  • I understand what you are going through and it sounds like you two have a great relationship so I feel sure you will stay close when he is in Florida. Hey, you are so tech savvy now you can set up a video camera to attach to your computer and talk each day via video.

    *hugs*

    By Blogger Ressa (ressamac on Twitter), at 1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home