Clay Aiken and Assorted Hobbies

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Wow, Clay's new look!


What a fantastic day to be a Clay Aiken fan.

I watched the AI5 finale last night. It was a pretty good show. I still think the group from AI2 could harmonize better than this year but at least the contestents can harmonize. Last year & the year before were the absolute worst. The kids those years may have been decent singers but not one of them could harmonize with each other.

Of course as a Clay fan I was watching for the rumored appearance of Clay. Members of his fanclub knew that something was up because we got an email just a few hours before to make sure an watch. That after 2 days of tons of buzz about whether or not he'd appear or sing or just sit in the audience. I had seen pics of Clay doing an appearance at a middle school for UNICEF fairly recently. He had quite long hair in those pics so I was really wondering what he would look like. I loved the long hair pics but I'm not all that picky about how the man looks. It's his voice that draws me in. So after 1 1/2 hours the segment begins. I knew as soon as they showed the kid who tried to be the next Clay Aiken (hate to tell you there will never be another one) I knew that Clay would be part of the skit. My first reaction was oh, no people are really going to be disappointed. Then they had the kid start singing & the doors opened up. I knew immediately it was Clay & I think I might have squealed 'He kept his LONG HAIR' After my reaction my hubby is now wondering if he should grow his out. Hee.

I loved this appearance because it was so like Clay. He made this kid's dream come true. He got to sing to his fans. He is a huge jokester so I'm sure he got a charge over the surprise. Even Ryan Seacrest said that he didn't recognize Clay when he first walked out. If you watch the clip you can see all three judges react. Randy claps, leans forward to talk to either Paula or Simon, Paula lept to her feet & stayed there for the duration, even Simon clapped when Micheal stumbled back in awe of Clay. It was a wonderful moment for me as a Clay fan.

Today has been a blast. All the entertainment shows are talking about Taylor's win but Clay('s hair) stole the show. Bottom line though, if Clay didn't have that voice it wouldn't matter what he looked like.

Technorati tags:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home