Clay Aiken and Assorted Hobbies

Monday, June 05, 2006

I Can't Make You Love Me

There was a time that Clay Aiken seemed to sing every song by hitting it out of the ballpark. It seems to me during the last 3 years Clay has learned to tone it down when appropriate.

For example, during the Jukebox Tour, last summer he sang I Can’t Make You Love Me accompanied only by S’von on the piano. At the beginning of the tour he only sang the first verse. About half way through the tour he added the second verse. I don’t know what it is about that second verse but it really does something to me. I liked the song before he added the second verse but after he added it I became addicted to it, but that’s beside the point.

It is such a heart wrenching song & he sings it incredibly. Sure there are some power notes but the parts of this song that get me are the almost whispered lower notes. Gah! There really are no words to describe it.

Fortunately for you, thanks to Tsunamimommy & Youtube you can hear & see it for yourself.

montage by Tsunamimommy


For another amazingly subtle video go to The Clay Blog and take The Clay Aiken Video Challenge.

And since I really love Clay's new look I just have to share another pic.

Technorati tags:


1 Comments:

  • I agree with you aboutICMYLM. It was an absolutely beautiful heartfelt moment in the JBT. I was so glad he took it from a snippet to a full song. At The Conclayve I did a blog where I talked about acting and a technique called The Inner Monologue and how I absolutely feel that Clay has been getting some coaching - his connection to that song was intense. It's in our May Archives - called "What G.B. Shaw Doesn't Know Won't Hurt Him."

    By Blogger The ConCLAYve-Nan, at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home